- Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
- Biomimetics and Cellular Engineering
- Biopreservation and Biobanking
- Bioprocessing Engineering and Personalized Medicine
- Material Characterization
- Li S, Chakraborty N, Borcar A, Menze M, Toner M, Hand SC. "Late Embryogenesis Abundant Proteins Protect Human Hepatoma Cells during Acute Desiccation." Proceedings of National Academy of Science (PNAS). 2012. 109 (51) 20775-20776.
- Chakraborty N, Menze M, Hand SC, Toner M. "Trehalose Transporter from African Chironomid Larvae Improves Desiccation Tolerance of Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells," Cryobiology. 2012. 64(2):91-6.
- Chakraborty N, Menze M, Malsam J, Aksan A, Hand SC, Toner M. "Preservation of spindried mammalian cells." PLOS One. 2011; 6(9): e24916.
- Chakraborty N, Chang A, Elmoazzen H, Menze M, Hand SC, Toner M. "A Spin-Drying Technique for Lyopreservation of Mammalian Cells." Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 2011; 39(5):1582-91.
- Menze MA, Chakraborty N, Clavenna M, Banerjee M, Liu XH, Toner M, Hand SC. "Metabolic preconditioning of cells with AICAR-riboside: improved cryopreservation and celltype specific impacts on energetics and proliferation." Cryobiology. 2010; 61(1):79-88.
- Parker WC, Chakraborty N, Vrikkis R, Elliott G, Smith S, Moyer PJ. "High-resolution intracellular viscosity measurement using time-dependent fluorescence anisotropy." Opt Express. 2010; 18(16): 16607-17.
- Chakraborty N, Biswas D, Elliott GD. "A Simple Mechanistic Way to Increase the Survival of Mammalian Cells During Processing for Dry Storage." Biopreservation and Biobanking. 2010; 8(2):107-114.
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
Biography and Education
Areas of Research Interests
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of North Carolina
Teaching and Research
- Member for
- 2 years 9 months