Biography and Education
Teaching Interests: Philosophy of Law, Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, Marxism, Social and Political Philosophy
Research Interests: Legal philosophy, moral psychology, applied ethics, personal and political forgiveness
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Illinois-Chicago, 1986
M.A. in Philosophy, University of Illinois-Chicago, 1982
B.A. in Philosophy, University of Massachusetts-Boston, 1980
Teaching and Research
1.“Forgiveness.” Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. 1-41. Substantive Revision co-authored with Brandon Warmke. May, 2017. (Original Publication September, 2010).
2. “Forgiveness.” Oxford Bibliographies in Philosophy. Ed. Duncan Pritchard. New York: Oxford University Press, October, 2016.
3. “Two Cheers for Forgiveness (And Even Fewer for Revenge).” Philosophia: Philosophical Quarterly of Israel. 44:361-380, 2016.
4. “Is Forgiveness a Facile Solution to the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict?” Published online as part of “The Great War series Part I: Gaza, Isis, and the Ukraine.” www.thecritique.com March 15, 2015.
5. “Philosophical Perspectives on Affirmative Action over the Past Forty Years.” Chapter1 of Volume 3 of James Beckman, ed., Controversies in Affirmative Action. Praeger Publishing (2014): 1-25
6. “Constraint, Consent, and Well Being in Human Kidney Sales.” Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 34:606-631 (2009).
- Member for
- 2 years 5 months