- T. Ruas, W. Grosky, and A. Aizawa, ‘Multi-Sense Embeddings through a Word Sense Disambiguation Process,’ Expert Systems and Applications, Elvsevier, Volume 146 (2019), pp. 288-303.
- A. Grenier-Petter, T. Ruas, M. Schubotz, A. Aizawa, W. Grosky, and B. Gipp, ‘Why Machines Cannot Learn Mathematics, Yet,’ Proceedings of the 4th Joint Workshop on Bibliometric-Enhanced Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing for Digital Libraries (BIRNDL’19), co-located with the 42nd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR’19), Paris, France, July 2019, Paper #14.
- M. Fares, A. Moufarrej, E. Jreij, T. Tekli, and W. Grosky, ‘Difficulties and Improvements to Graph-Based Lexical Sentiment Analysis,’ Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Computing (ICCC’19), Milan, Italy, July 2019.
- M. Fares, A. Moufarrej, E. Jreij, T. Tekli, and W. Grosky, 'Unsupervised Word-Level Affect Analysis and Propagation in a Lexical Knowledge Graph', Knowledge-Based Systems, Elsevier, Volume 165 (February 2019), pp. 432-459.
- T. Ruas and W.I. Grosky, ‘Semantic Feature Structure Extraction from Documents Based on Extended Lexical Chains, Proceedings of the Ninth Global WordNet Conference (GWC’18), Singapore, January 2018, pp. 88-97.
- W.I. Grosky and T. Ruas, ‘The Continuing Reinvention of Content-Based Retrieval: Multimedia is Not Dead,’ IEEE Multimedia, Visions & Views, Volume 24, Number 1 (January-March 2017), pp. 6-11.
- T. Ruas and W.I. Grosky, 'Keyword Extraction Through Contextual Analysis of Documents,' Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Management of Digital of EcoSystems (MEDES'17), Bangkok, Thailand, November 2017, pp. 151-156.
- B. Alkhazi, T. Ruas, M. Kessentini, M. Wimmer, and W.I. Grosky, ‘Automated Refactoring of ATL Model Transformations: A Search-Based Approach,’ Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Nineteenth International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS’16), Saint-Malo, France, October 2016, pp. 295-304.
- H. Wang, A. Ouni, M. Kessentini, B. Maxim, and W. Grosky, ‘Identification of Web Service Refactoring Opportunities as a Multi-Objective Problem,’ IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS’16), San Francisco, California, USA, June-July 2016, pp. 586-593.
- V.N. Gudivada, D. Rao, and W.I. Grosky, ‘Data Quality Centric Application Framework for Big Data,’ Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Big Data, Small Data, Linked Data and Open Data (ALLDATA’16), Lisbon, Portugal, February 2016.
- H. Wang, M. Kessentini, W. Grosky, and H. Meddeb, ‘On the Use of Time-Series and Search-Based Software Engineering for Refactoring Recommendations,’ Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Management of Computational and Collective Intelligence in Digital Ecosystems (MEDES’15), Sao Paulo, Brazil, October 2015, pp. 62-70.
- C. Jackson, R. Agrawal, J. Walker, and W. Grosky, ‘Scenario-Based Design for a Cloud Forensics Portal,’ Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, April 2015, pp. 1-6.
- M. Suleiman, R. Agrawal, W. Grosky, and F. Andres, ‘A Generic Data-Driven Approach for Medicaid Fraud Detection,’ Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Management of Computational and Collective Intelligence in Digital Ecosystems (MEDES’13), Luxembourg, Luxembourg, June 2013, pp. 233-234.
- B. Hawashin, F. Fotouhi, T.M. Truta, and W. Grosky, ‘Efficient Privacy Preserving Protocols for Similarity Join,’ Transactions on Data Privacy, Volume 5, Number 1 (2012), pp. 297-331.
- R. Agrawal, C. Wu, W. Grosky, and F. Fotouhi, ‘Bayesian Framework for Automatic Image Annotation using Visual Keywords,’ Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Multimedia Applications (Communications in Computer and Information Science, Volume 75 (2010), G.S. Tomar, W.I. Grosky, T.-H. Kim, S. Mohammed, and S.K. Saha (Eds.), Springer), Miyazaki, Japan, June 2010, pp. 142-157.
- Fulbright Specialist, 2017-2020
- Ford Research Grant, 2015-2016
- Ford Credit Grant, 2009-2011
- Michigan Life Science Corridor Grant, 2007
- Best Paper Award, LNCS #4306, 2006
- NSF Grants (Award #0089732, #0224089), 2001-2002
- Research Fellowship, Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan, 2001-2002
- NSF Grant (Award #9729818), 1997
Professor, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
Ph.D., Yale University
M.S., Brown University
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 3 years 1 month