- Liu, S., Qi, H., and Xie, Y. A.,“From Equity Correlation to Default Correlation with Taxes,” Quantitative Finance, forthcoming.
- Liu, S., Qi, H., and Xie, Y. A., “Executive Compensation and Capital Structure,” Applied Economics, vol. 52, issue 8, 2020, pp. 825-838.
- Qi, H., Shi, J., & Xie, Y. A., “Default Correlation: Rating, Industry Ripple Effect, and Business Cycle,” Applied Economics, vol. 51, issue 30, 2019, pp. 3256-3273.
- Qi, H., and Xie, Y. A., “Cost of Capital: spot rate or forward rate?” Applied Economics, vol. 48, issue 40, 2016, pp. 3804-3811.
- Liu, S., Qi, H., Shi, J., and Xie, Y.A., “Inferring Default Correlation from Equity Return Correlation,” European Financial Management, vol. 21, issue 2, 2015, pp. 333-359.
- Lee, H., Xie, Y. A., and Yau, J. “Sovereign Risk and its Changing Effects on Bond Duration during Financial Crisis,” Applied Financial Economics, vol. 24, issue 22, 2014, pp. 1465-1477.
- Lee, H., Xie, Y.A., and Zhou, J., “Role of Underwriters in Restraining Earnings Management in Initial Public Offerings,” Journal of Applied Business Research, vol. 28, no. 4, 2012, pp. 709-723.
- Lee, H., Xie, Y.A., and Yau, J., “The Impact of Sovereign Risk and Bond Duration: Evidence from Asian Sovereign Bond Markets,” International Review of Economic and Finance, vol. 20, no. 3, 2011, pp. 441-451.
- Xie, Y.A., Liu, S., Wu, C., and Anderson, B., “The Effects of Default and Call Risk on Bond Duration,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 33, no. 9, 2009, pp. 1700-1708.
- Stout, D., Qi, H., Xie, Y.A., and Liu, S., “Incorporating Real-options Analysis into the Accounting Curriculum,” Journal of Accounting Education, vol. 26, no. 4, 2008, pp. 213-230.
- Stout, D., Xie, Y. A., and Qi, H., “Improving Capital Budgeting Decisions with Real Options,” Management Accounting Quarterly, vol. 9, no. 4, 2008, pp. 1-10. (Lead article)
- Xie, Y.A., Shi, J., and Wu, C., “Do Macroeconomic Variables Matter for Pricing Default Risk?” International Review of Economic and Finance, vol. 17, no. 2, 2008, pp. 279-291.
- Xie, Y. A., Liu, S., and Wu, C., “Duration, Default Risk, and the Term Structure of Interest Rates,” Journal of Financial Research, vol. 28, no. 4, 2005, pp. 539-554.
- Book Chapters
- Xie, Y. A., Yau, J., and Lee, H. (2013), Managing Risk in Sovereign Bond Portfolios: The Impact of Sovereign and Call Risks on Duration. In Frontiers of Economics and Globalization: International Financial Markets (edited by H. Fung & Y. Tse, forthcoming.) United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Faculty Research Support and Maintenance Grants awarded by the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs at the University of Michigan-Dearborn (2010).
- Summer Research Grants awarded by the College of Business at the University of Michigan – Dearborn (2004 - 2009, 2011, and 2013-2015).
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program awarded by the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs at the University of Michigan-Dearborn (2019).
- Best Manuscript Award for Teaching and Curriculum Session at the American Accounting Association Ohio Regional Meeting (2008)
- Teaching Excellence Award Finalist at the Academy of Finance (2014)
- Research Award at the International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines (2015)
- Service Excellence Award at the College of Business (2016)
Biography and Education
Yan Alice Xie, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Finance at the University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Business. Dr. Xie joined the College of Business faculty in 2003. She received her Ph.D. and Master’s in Finance from Syracuse University and her Bachelor’s in Finance from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Professor Xie regularly teaches corporate finance, financial modeling, and fixed income securities courses. She is also the faculty co-advisor for the Financial Management Association.
Dr. Xie's research interests include fixed-income securities, risk management, corporate capital structure, and pedagogical research. Her papers have been published in journals such as European Financial Management, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Research, International Review of Economics and Finance, Quantitative Finance and others. In addition, her research work appears as a book chapter in Frontiers of Economics and Globalization: International Financial Markets published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
Teaching and Research
Referenced Journal Articles
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 4 years 7 months