M.A. in Education
The Master of Arts in Education is designed for working educators, enabling them to strengthen their knowledge, subject specialization and professional outlook through a University of Michigan degree.
The M.A. in Education is a 30-credit hour program with courses offered in the evening and online. The M.A. in Education offers the opportunity to pursue an additional endorsement in addition to earning a graduate-level degree. Students could earn a master's degree with or without endorsement. A valid Michigan Teaching Certificate is only required if students are seeking an endorsement as part of their program.
This program prepares educators for the renewal of a Provisional Certificate or the upgrade to a Professional Education Certificate.
Plan of Study
- Specific Program Information and Course Requirements:
- M.A. in Education without Additional Endorsements: Course Requirements
- M.A in Education with TESOL Concentration: Course Requirements.
- M.A. in Education with the following Endorsement Offerings
- English as a Second Language: Information - Course Requirements
- K-8 Mathematics: Information - Course Requirements
- Reading Specialist: Information - Course Requirements
- M.A. in Education with the following offerings
- Course Descriptions - See the Graduate Catalog
Students must submit the follow items with their application.
The GRE is not required for admission to this program. The Office of International Affairs lists additional admission requirements for international students.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 3.0 GPA or higher on submitted transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking an additional endorsement
To view application forms and additional admission information, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of the right-hand column.