M.A. in Education
The Master of Arts in Education is designed for working educators, enabling them to strengthen their knowledge, subject specialization and professional outlook through a University of Michigan degree.
The M.A. in Education is a 30-credit hour program with courses offered in the evening and online. The M.A. in Education offers the opportunity to pursue an additional endorsement in addition to earning a graduate-level degree. Students could earn a master's degree with or without endorsement. A valid Michigan Teaching Certificate is only required if students are seeking an endorsement as part of their program.
This program prepares educators for the renewal of a Provisional Certificate or the upgrade to a Professional Education Certificate.
Plan of Study
- Degree Requirements
- Specific Program Information and Course Requirements:
- M.A. in Education without Additional Endorsements: Course Requirements
- M.A. in Education with the following Endorsement Offerings
- English as a Second Language: Information - Course Requirements
- K-8 Mathematics: Information - Course Requirements
- Reading Specialist: Information - Course Requirements
- M.A. in Education with the following offerings
- Course Descriptions - See the Graduate Catalog
To view application forms and admission information, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of the right-hand column.