A bulk mailing consists of 200 or more pieces of mail.
- Each piece must be exactly the same size, print content, paper, etc.
- The actual count must be indicated on the blue slip.
- The mail must be in zip code order, lowest to highest, front to back.
- If the mail is in envelopes, they must be sealed.
- If they are folded, they should have one or two tabs securing the ends.
- The indicia (bulk stamp) must be printed or stamped in the upper right hand corner of the mail piece before it reaches the mailroom. Call General Services at (313) 593-5481 to obtain the correct wording for the indicia or to borrow a stamp.
- The mail must be official University business and not sponsored by an outside group, organization or association.
When using an outside mail service, please contact the mailroom to obtain proper paperwork for processing at the Post Office.