A different path to a Michigan Degree.
Work toward a Michigan degree at Henry Ford College.
UM-Dearborn and HFC created the Bridge Program to help students who are not eligible for admission to UM-Dearborn from high school. Students can enroll at HFC for the first 1 to 2 years of college to plan a degree program, earn college credit, and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in academics.
Why the Bridge Program may be right for you:
- Gain confidence and skills necessary for academic achievement
- Earn credits toward a Bachelorís Degree from UM-Dearborn
- Take advantage of the combined resources of HFC and UM-Dearborn
- Receive guidance and counseling at both campuses on degree and career options
- Select appropriate courses to fulfill degree requirements
Why starting at HFC makes sense:
- Small class sizes with individualized attention
- Professional counseling and advising services
- Program coordination between HFC and UM-Dearborn
- Course selection that ensures your credits transfer and satisfy program requirements
- Low tuition costs
How to join the Bridge Program
If you were not eligible for admission at the time you applied to UM-Dearborn, you will automatically be sent an information packet regarding the Bridge Program.
- Sign up to participate in the Bridge program
- Complete a HFC admissions application
- Be sure to submit the $30 application fee to HFC
- Send high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores
- Schedule an appointment for advising with a Bridge Counselor. Conact the HFC Counseling Office at 313-845-9611.
- Attend Bridge Program Orientation held at UM-Dearborn
Here is what to look forward to after sign up is complete:
- Begin your undergraduate education at HFC.
- Continue to meet with program liaisons at both campuses to review progress.
- Upon completion of 24 transferable credits or an Associate's Degree and achievement of GPA transfer requirements you may transfer to UM-Dearborn to complete a Bachelor's Degree.
Office of Admissions and Orientation
Diane Green, LPC