Coordination of Services
Disability services is responsible for facilitating UM-Dearborn's compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state laws designed to remove barriers that may impede the progress of individuals with disabilities.UM-Deaborn provides a wide range of services to students with qualifying disabilities to allow them to participate in the mainstream college life. Students are responsible for their ultimate success in academic and personal programs; however, Disability services will provide the necessary services to increase success potential.
Services are both highly individualized and based on need; they may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Advocacy and referral on and off campus
• Orientation to campus resources
• Course materials in alternative formats
• Sign language and oral interpreters
• Special testing arrangements
• Access to adaptive equipment and technology
Our mission of Disability Services is to offer aid to differently-abled individuals seeking the opportunity for further learning.