M.A. in Early Childhood Education
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education includes three program options for teachers, administrators, other service providers and educators who wish to learn how to serve young children and their families. One of these options are for those who are already certified teachers. The second option is for those who are either certified teachers or have relevant preschool teaching experience. The third option is for certified teachers or non-certified professionals who are interested in early childhood leadership and administration. Courses are offered with the working professional in mind. Most courses required for the master's degree are offered during evening and summer hours and include several online courses.
Plan of Study
Students must submit the follow items with their application.
The GRE is not required for admission to this program. The Office of International Affairs lists additional admission requirements for international students.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 3.0 GPA or higher on submitted transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking the Early Childhood endorsement
To view application forms and additional admission information, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of the right-hand column.