UM-Dearborn to host mock visit in preparation for HLC accreditation visit
Members of the mock visit team will review the initial draft of the campus’ self-study, meet with students, faculty, staff and administrators, give feedback on documentation and simulate the HLC visit process. This will help the campus target and remedy potential issues before the fall 2013 HLC visit.
Faculty and staff members can prepare for the visit in a number of ways:
- Review UM-Dearborn’s missions and goals for student learning.
- Consider the contributions you are making to the university’s mission and how your work contributes to accomplishing the HLC's five criteria for continued accreditation:
- Ethical and responsible conduct;
- Teaching and learning: quality, resources and support;
- Teaching and learning: evaluation and improvement;
- Resources, planning and institutional effectiveness.
- Be prepared to talk about your perceptions and your experiences with members of the mock visit team.
- Attend one of next month’s Vision 2020 forums to learn what progress has been made to date.
“This is great preparation leading up to the HLC visit,” said associate professor Laura Reynolds Keefer. “It’s a chance for us to test every detail—from how we show that we’re meeting the HLC’s five criteria to who picks up visit team members from the airport.”
The mock visit team will provide feedback and recommendations following the visit.
If you have questions about the mock visit or the accreditation process, visit the university’s Vision 2020 webpage or contact Keefer.