Claudia K. Walters
- Provides leadership and a vision for the EIC
- Manages daily affairs for the EIC and communicates with other units on campus
- Responsible for budgeting and fundraising
- Engages with community organizations
Program Coordinator, Interpretive Naturalist
- Teaches environmental interpretation to K-12 students, as well as the campus community
- Coordinates the biennial Michigan Master Naturalist program
- Shares EIC events and news with the broader community through a biweekly eNewsletter and Facebook posts
- Leads "I Wonder" walks Wednesdays at noon
Program Supervisor, Manager of the Environmental Study Area, Room Availability Coordinator
- Manages the Environmental Study Area
- Oversees the development, content, and implementation of environmental education programs for K-12 students
- Supervises UM-D student naturalist staff at the EIC.
- Coordinates and oversees the management of the UM-D Community Organic Garden
- Coordinates EIC volunteer activities
- Manages EIC room reservations
- Leads "I Wonder" seasonal nature walks every Thursday at noon.
Part-time Intermittent Staff
The EIC relies on the assistance from several recent UM-Dearborn graduates who lend their expertise and support to specific projects.
Griffin graduated from the University of Michigan - Dearborn in 2020 with a Bachelors of Environmental Studies.
- Environmental interpreter who helps to lead the Center's educational programs for school groups
- Helps with maintenance and stewardship in the Environmental Study Area.
- Responsible for regularly monitoring the network of groundwater wells in the floodplain of the Environmental Study Area.
Dale graduated from the University of Michigan - Dearborn in 2020 with a Bachelors of Environmental Studies.
- Responsible for coordinating educational programming as well as delivering programs and creating original content, both in-person and digital.
- Dale has been a team lead for the Young Naturalists as well as the Sprouts Children’s Gardening programs for the past three years.
- Coordinator for the “Dearborn SHINES for Healthy Kids!” initiative; responsible for logistics, on-site work, volunteer and student engagement, building infrastructure, and managing EIC staff.
The EIC relies heavily on university students to assist with interpretive programs and maintaining the Center, Natural Area, and Community Organic Garden.
Sustainability Intern 2022
Valerie is a junior majoring in Environmental Science. As the sustainability intern, Valerie provides help with sustainability initiatives and projects, including helping maintain the EIC's pollinator garden and the UM-D Community Organic Garden.
Our student interpreters help lead programs for the thousands of K-12 students that visit the Center annually.
Eric is junior majoring in Environmental Studies (resource policy and management concentration) and minoring in Geology.
Alexis is a junior majoring in Urban and Regional Studies (environment design and space concentration) and minoring in Applied Art.
Mike is a senior majoring in Environmental Studies (naturalist concentration).