The Environmental Interpretive Center is now accepting entries in its 2nd annual Pollinator Photo Contest!
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has been certified as a Bee Campus USA affiliate by the Xerces Society since 2019 for its efforts to promote pollinator education and conservation. Following its success in its inaugural year, the EIC is once again sponsoring a photo contest featuring pollinators and their flowering plants.
2021 Photo Contest Guidelines
Learn more details about the contest.
Your pollinator photos may be submitted in one of three categories
- Pollinators Up-Close - photos that show the fine-detailed features of pollinators, such as their colors or anatomical features
- Pollinator-Flower Interactions - photos that show pollinators feeding on, flying near, or resting on flowers
- Pollinator Landscapes - photos that highlight the beauty of pollinator-friendly flowering plants in gardens, parks, and other outdoor settings
- Each contestant may submit up to a maximum of 5 photos. Note that each photo must be submitted with a separate entry form.
- Photos must be in jpg or png format.
- Photo entries will be accepted from July 1 to September 30, 2021.
- EIC staff will judge photos based on subject matter, composition, and aesthetics.
- Contest winners in each photo category will be notified by no later than October 31, 2021.
- Winning entrants will receive a bottle of EIC maple syrup and their photos will be displayed on the EIC website.
2020 Photo Contest Winners
Enjoy this short video montage of some of the best 2020 pollinator contest photos.