Science, Nature, and Sustainability...Outdoors!
The EIC currently offers eleven different pre-K-12 educational programs to schools in southeastern Michigan. These programs, utilize the indoor interactive exhibits, teaching laboratories and classroom of the EIC, as well as the 300+ acre “outdoor classroom” of the adjacent Environmental Study Area.
Our educational programs emphasize interdisciplinary, inquiry-based learning opportunities that connect to the Grade Level Expectations and High School Content for the state of Michigan.
Exciting educational facilities include:
- An "outdoor classroom" of over 300 acres of forest, lake, meadow, and Rouge River habitats.
- Indoor science laboratories, computers, classrooms, and interactive exhibits.
- A staff of experienced, professional naturalists.
General program information:.
- Most programs are free of charge.
- Programs last 1-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. We can adapt the program to your needs.
- Program content varies according to grade level and abilities.