Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 1-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered May - October.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels 4 - 8.
Program Description and Activities
In this hands-on program we explore the fascinating adaptations and interconnections among flowering plants and their insect pollinators.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Closely observing and identifying a diversity of local insect pollinators and the wildflowers they frequent.
- Studying the adaptations of various wildflowers that ensure successful pollination.
- Comparing and contrasting the adaptations of insect pollinated plants with wind pollinated plants.
- Using microscopes to view pollen samples from different flowers.