Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered mid-April to mid-November.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels pre-K–12.
Program Description and Activities
This program will be in the Rose Garden Pond at the historic Henry Ford Estate. The shallow, easily accessible pond is perfect for discovering native aquatic life.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Using dip nets to capture and examine various pond creatures.
- Becoming aware of the diversity of life in an aquatic habitat.
- Examining some of the adaptations, life cycles, and roles in the food web of the various creatures in the pond.
- Using an aquatic life identification key to identify the creatures they find.