Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 1-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered June - October.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels 2-8.
Program Description and Activities
The Insects and Spiders program involves the capture and study of live insects and spiders in their natural habitats, and, if time allows, a microscope investigation of insect and spider adaptations. We will also include investigations and discussions of the tremendous importance of insects in the food web.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Using insect nets and other field equipment to capture and closely observe a variety of insects and spiders.
- Using field guides to identify and learn more about the characteristics and habits of the insects and spiders they capture.
- Learning about the habitat food webs that include insects and spiders.