Science, Nature, and Sustainability...Outdoors!
Please note that in Spring 2022 we are only able to offer the Seasonal Nature Explorations and the Trip of a Drip due to staffing constraints. Programs start on May 2.
The EIC currently offers a variety of pre-K-12 educational programs to schools and community groups in southeastern Michigan. These programs utilize the 300+ acre Environmental Study Area outdoor classroom, EIC classroom and/or teaching laboratories.
Our educational programs emphasize interdisciplinary, inquiry-based learning opportunities that connect to the Michigan K-12 and Next Generation Science Standards.
Exciting educational facilities include:
- An "outdoor classroom" of over 300 acres of forest, lake, pond, wetland, meadow, and Rouge River habitats.
- Indoor science laboratories and classroom.
- A staff of experienced professional naturalists and UM-Dearborn student naturalists.
General program information:.
- Most programs are free of charge.
- Programs last 1-1/2 to 2 hours. We can adapt the program to your needs.
- Program content varies according to grade level and abilities.