Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UM-Dearborn classes are being held remotely through the end of the semester, Summer I and Summer II. Most campus operations are being conducted remotely and buildings are closed. Before coming to campus please call ahead to determine how services are being delivered. Events have been postponed or canceled, including Spring 2020 Commencement. Pass/fail decision date extended to May 5. For more updates please visit the Coronavirus information page

The University of Michigan-Dearborn encourages high-achieving high school students to enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) courses and take the AP exams. Scores of 3 or better typically earn college credit at UM-Dearborn, with some exceptions.  

Overview of the Process

Students are notified of credit awarded via a Transfer Equivalency Worksheet (TEW) sent after admission upon receipt of scores. Credit will appear on your UM-Dearborn transcript and is viewable in UM-Dearborn Connect:

Select <Enter Secure Area>
Enter uniqname and password
Select <Student>
Select <Student Records>
Select <Academic Transcript>
Select <Undergraduate>
Select <Unofficial Web Transcript>

If credit does not appear on your transcript within the first semester of attendance, please provide a copy of your scores to the Office of Admissions and Orientation.

For additional questions about the University's AP credit-granting practices, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at umd-admissions@umich.edu or 313-593-5100. To request your scores be sent to UM-Dearborn, contact the College Board at 1-888-CALL4AP or collegeboard.org.

The awarding of college credits based on AP exam scores is subject to change at any time.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Back to top of page