Students are at the center of every idea. These ideas will help set the foundation to help ensure success while on campus and beyond.
University of Michigan-Dearborn is a caring, inclusive, student-focused institution. We are committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research and scholarship, as well as access, affordability and community impact.
Realize our mission by:
Founded on more than 200 beautiful acres of the original Henry Ford Estate, UM-Dearborn was forged in a community of working people with the global economy in mind.
We offer a transformative education reflective of the University of Michigan name, rooted in an ongoing commitment to the well-being and diversity of metro Detroit. Since our very beginnings, we have set ourselves apart in higher education through intentional, mutually beneficial partnerships with local industry, governments, and community organizations that have real impact.
UM-Dearborn is rich in opportunities for creative collaborative research, practice-based learning, and direct engagement with local communities. As an institution, we are always learning, and we strive to be responsive to the changing needs of our diverse students, the world in which they live and work and the communities we serve.
- Preparing our graduates to become thoughtful citizens and creative leaders who are ready to offer practical solutions to society’s challenges, particularly those impacting urban environments
Integrating the liberal arts and sciences, professional studies and research opportunities to nurture holistic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organizing classroom experiences around the latest pedagogies and teaching methods
- Cultivating faculty who are leaders in their disciplines, inspire their students, and care for their students’ needs
- Helping our students achieve both personal growth and professional success
- Creating and sharing pioneering interdisciplinary research that supports diverse sections of our economy, with an emphasis on work that serves the common good
- Making lasting local impacts by valuing the experiences, knowledge, needs and voices of our business and community partners
- Fostering an intellectual and social environment that is caring, dynamic, and welcoming of new ideas
- Forging mutually beneficial partnerships with businesses, community-based organizations, educational institutions and government agencies
- Constantly finding new ways to honor our commitments to accessibility, flexibility, affordability, diversity and inclusion
GO BLUEprint for Success Strategic Plan
GO BLUEprint for Success Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Report
Faculty and staff are at the forefront of their careers. Nurturing expertise and talent will provide even more opportunities for student success.
Financial stability will allow the university to realize its goals and strategically build and plan for its next 60 years.