Students are at the center of every idea. These ideas will help set the foundation to help ensure success while on campus and beyond.
University of Michigan-Dearborn is a caring, inclusive, student-focused institution. We are committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research and scholarship, as well as access, affordability and impact.
Realize our mission by:
- Preparing citizens and creative leaders for society’s challenges impacting urban environments at all scales
- Empowering growth mindsets through practice-based learning taught by inspiring and caring faculty members at the cutting edge of their disciplines
- Pioneering research and partnerships
- Providing knowledge to open doors for personal transformation, a lifetime of professional success and advancing the common good
- Nurturing environments where innovation, openness and creativity flourish
- Valuing and focusing on accessibility, flexibility, affordability, diversity, inclusion and creativity
Faculty and staff are at the forefront of their careers. Nurturing expertise and talent will provide even more opportunities for student success.
Financial stability will allow the university to realize its goals and strategically build and plan for its next 60 years.