Alireza Mohammadi, Ph.D.
Teaching Areas:Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering
Biography and Education
Prof. Mohammadi is an Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Michigan - Dearborn. He received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Toronto, Canada in 2016. During his Ph.D. studies, he collaborated with the Norwegian Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (a Centre of Excellence for research in Norway) on locomotion control of ground and swimming snake robots. In 2011, he received the Masters degree from the University of Alberta, Canada where he was with the Telerobotic & Biorobotic Systems Laboratory. He received the Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran in 2009. He joined the Locomotor Control Systems Laboratory at the University of Texas, Dallas, as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in November 2016, where he was using neuromechanical principles in the context of feedback control theory to design wearable robot control systems. His research interests include bioinspired robotics, wearable robots, nonlinear control, hybrid systems, and mechatronics.
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto
M.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Alberta
B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
* Mohammadi, Alireza, Ehsan Rezapour, Manfredi Maggiore, and Kristin Y. Pettersen. "Maneuvering control of planar snake robots using virtual holonomic constraints." IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 24, no. 3 (2016): 884-899.
* Mohammadi, Alireza, Horacio J. Marquez, and Mahdi Tavakoli. "Nonlinear Disturbance Observers: Design and Applications to Euler- Lagrange Systems." IEEE Control Systems 37, no. 4 (2017): 50-72.
* Mohammadi, Alireza, Manfredi Maggiore, and Luca Consolini. "Dynamic virtual holonomic constraints for stabilization of closed orbits in underactuated mechanical systems." Automatica 94 (2018): 112-124.
* Kumar, Saurav, Alireza Mohammadi, Nicholas Gans, and Robert D. Gregg. "Automatic tuning of virtual constraint-based control algorithms for powered knee-ankle prostheses." In Control Technology and Applications (CCTA), 2017 IEEE Conference on, pp. 812-818. IEEE, 2017.
* Mohammadi, Alireza. "Design of Propulsive Virtual Holonomic Constraints for Planar Snake Robots." In ASME 2017 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, pp. V002T21A003-V002T21A003. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2017.
* Mohammadi, Alireza, Seyed Fakoorian, Jonathan C. Horn, Dan Simon, and Robert D. Gregg. "Hybrid Nonlinear Disturbance Observer Design for Underactuated Bipedal Robots." In Decision and Control, 2018 IEEE 57th Annual Conference on, to appear. IEEE, 2018.
* Mohammadi, Alireza, Robert D. Gregg. "Human-Inspired Algebraic Curves for Wearable Robot Control." In ASME 2018 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, to appear. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2018.
* Alireza Mohammadi, Mark W. Spong. "Path Following Control of Swimming Magnetic Helical Microrobots Subject to Step-Out Frequencies." In Control Technology and Applications (CCTA), 2018 IEEE Conference on, to appear. IEEE, 2018.