Armagan Bayram, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
2300 Heinz Prechter Engineering Complex | 4901 Evergreen Road | Dearborn, MI 48128
Research Areas:Operations Research and Decision Science
Biography and Education
Ph.D., Management Science, Isenberg School of Management University of Massachusetts
M.S., Industrial Engineering, Istanbul Technical University
B.S., Industrial Engineering, Istanbul Technical University
- Armagan Bayram, Bahriye Cesaret. “Order fulfillment policies for ship-from-store implementation in omni-channel retailing", European Journal of Operational Research, 2021, 294 (3), pp.987-1002. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2020.01.011.
- Xiao Yu*, Armagan Bayram. “Managing Capacity Allocation Decisions for Virtual and Office Appointments in Chronic Care,” Health Care Management Science, 2021, 24 (4) pp.742-767. DOI: 10.1007/s10729-021-09546-4
- Meigui Yu*, Armagan Bayram, “Management of the curb space allocation in urban transportation system”. International Transactions in Operational Research, 2021, 28(5), pp.2414-2439. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/itor.12941
- Xiao Yu*, Huimin Miao*, Armagan Bayram, Meigui Yu*, Xi Chen. “Optimal routing of multimodal mobility systems with ride‐sharing,” International Transactions in Operational Research, 2021, 28(3), pp.1164-1189. DOI:
- Armagan Bayram, Sarang Deo, Seyed Iravani, Karen Smilowitz. "Managing virtual appointments in chronic care," IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 2020, 10 (1) pp.1-17. DOI: 10.1080/24725579.2019.1638849.
- Senay Solak, Armagan Bayram, Mehmet Gumus. "Optimizing Foreclosed Housing Acquisitions in Societal Response to Foreclosures," Operations Research, 2019, 67 (4), pp.950-964. https://doi.org/10.1287/opre. 2018.1827
- Oz Harmanli, Senay Solak, Armagan Bayram, Beril Yuksel, Keisha Jones. “Optimizing the robotic surgery team: an operations management perspective,” International Urogynecology Journal, 2019, 32(6), pp.1379-1385. DOI: 10.1007/s00192-020-04527-7
- Armagan Bayram, Senay Solak, Michael Johnson. "Stochastic models for strategic resource allocation in nonprofit foreclosed housing acquisitions," European Journal of Operational Research, 2014, 233 (1), pp.246-262.
- Armagan Bayram, Senay Solak. "Decision modeling for foreclosed property acquisition by community development corporations in the United States," International Transactions in Operational Research, 2014, 21 (3), pp.501-524.
- Fethi Calisir, Cigdem Altin Gumussoy, Armagan Bayram. "Predicting the behavioral intention to use enterprise resource planning systems: An exploratory extension of the technology acceptance model," Management Research Review, 2009, 32(7), pp.597-613.
Awards and Recognition
- NSF Engineering Research Initiation (ERI) Research Award (2022)
- UM-Dearborn Distinguished Teaching Award (2020)
- 3rd Place in IISE Conference Healthcare Track Best Student Paper Award (2019) (As an advisor)
- CECS Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching (2019)
- Honorable Mention, INFORMS SPPSN Best Paper Award (2013)
- Finalist, INFORMS Doing Good with Good OR - Student Paper Competition (2013)
- NSF, “ERI: Decision Models for Designing and Managing the Curb Spaces in Urban Mobility Systems,” 01/2022-01/2024, Total: $199,775, Armagan Bayram (PI). Number of GSRAs/Post-Docs Supported: 1