Dale Thomson, Ph.D.
Biography and Education
PhD Institution: Public Policy; University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 2001
Teaching and Research
- POL 101: Intro to American Government
- POL 322: Michigan Government, Politics, & Policy
- POL 323: Urban Politics
- POL 484/584: Revitalizing Cities
- PADM 505: Intro to Public and Nonprofit Administration
- PADM 540: Administration of Financial Resources
- PADM 581: Organization Development
- PADM 582: Policy Analysis & Development
- PPOL 502: Political Environment of Public Policy
Thomson, D. 2012. Targeting neighborhoods, stimulating markets: Exploring the role of political, institutional, and technical variables in three cities, In Margaret Dewar & June Thomas (Eds.) Remaking the City After Abandonment. Philadelphia, PA: Penn Press
Thomson, D. 2012. Employer assisted housing. Entry in Encyclopedia of Housing. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Thomson, D. 2011. The role of funders in driving nonprofit performance measurement and use instrategic management, Public Performance and Management Review 35, (1): 54-78.
Thomson, D. 2011. Strategic geographic targeting in community development: Examining the congruence of political, institutional, and technical factors, Urban Affairs Review 47 (4): 564-594.
Thomson, D. 2010. The evolving role of universities in expanding knowledge among local elected officials, Journal of Public Affairs Education 16 (3): 421-450.
Thomson, D. 2010. Exploring the role of funders’ performance reporting mandates in nonprofit performance measurement, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 39, (4): 611-629.