Michigan Nonprofit Scholarship
The University of Michigan-Dearborn provides a scholarship valued at 20% tuition and fees for full-time employees of member organizations of the Michigan Nonprofit Association. This scholarship is available for degree-seeking students and can be used for undergraduate and graduate programs.
To find out if your employer is a MNA member organization, please check the Nonprofit Membership Directory on the Michigan Nonprofit Association website.
Overview of the Process
- The employee applies for admission, and if criteria are met, is admitted.
- The MNA member organization will certify the employee's current status by providing that information in a correspondence on the organization's letterhead which may be mailed or emailed (email@example.com) to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. Please note that an employer letter must be submitted for each semester that the scholarship is used.
- MNA member employees who are admitted to the university will receive a 20% reduction in the full assessed cost of tuition and fees. This scholarship program is in addition to any educational benefit provided as part of the reimbursement program offered through the MNA member organization.
- The university will provide student support services, monitor academic performance, enforce standards of conduct and the accompanying disciplinary policies and procedures and adhere to all other institutional practices for all students enrolled at UM-Dearborn.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn will practice no discrimination with respect to prospective students on the grounds of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability or Vietnam-era veteran status.
When the Michigan Nonprofit Association Scholarship is initially posted to the student's award, an estimated dollar amount will be listed. Typically, 10 days before the start of the semester, 20% of tuition and fees will be automatically calculated and posted to the student's account. The amount of the scholarship is subject to change based on any changes in class schedule or employment.
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map