Cheol Lee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
2241 Heinz Prechter Engineering Complex | 4901 Evergreen Road | Dearborn, MI 48128
Research Areas:Integrated Design and Manufacturing, Machine Learning, Optimization, and Intelligent Systems, Power Electronics and Energy Systems, Robotics
Biography and Education
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2000.
M.S., Precision Engineering and Mechatronics, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), 1994.
B.S., Precision Engineering and Mechatronics, KAIST, 1992.
- Lee, C.W., Hong, Y., Hayrapetyan, M., Yang, X.G., and Xi, Z., 2018, “Derivation and Tuning of a Solvable and Compact Differential-Algebraic Equations Model for LiFePO4-Graphite Li-Ion Batteries,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 365-377.
- Hong, Y., and Lee, C.W., 2016, “Multiobjective Optimal Design Problems and their Pareto Optimal Fronts for Li-Ion Battery Cells,” 2016 SAE World Congress, April 12-14, 2016, Detroit, MI.
- Xi, Z., Jing, R., and Lee, C., 2015, “Diagnostics, Prognostics and Uncertainty Management of Lithium-ion Batteries,” ASME IDETC/ CIE 2015, August 2-5, 2015, Boston, MA.
- Choi, J., Lee, C.W., and Park, J-H, 2011, “Development of the Process Model for Plunge Grinding and Optimization of Grinding Process,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 225, No. 11, pp. 2628–2637.
- Chadha, M., and Lee, C.W., 2010, “Optimization of the Multi-Pass Grinding Operation Using Evolution Strategy with Variable Length Representation,” International Journal of Manufacturing Research, Vol. 5, No.3, pp. 286–304.
- Lee, C.W., 2009, “Multirate Estimation for Discrete Processes under Multirate Noise with Application to the Grinding Process,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 131, No. 4, 044502.
- Lee, C.W., 2009, “Dynamic Optimization of the Grinding Process in Batch Production,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 131, No. 2, 021006.
- Lee, C.W., 2009, "A Control-Oriented Model for the Cylindrical Grinding Process," International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 44, No. 7-8, pp. 657– 666.
- Lee, C.W., and Shin, Y.C., 2009, “Growing Radial Basis Function Networks Using Genetic Algorithm and Orthogonalization,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol. 5, No. 11, pp. 3933–3948.
- Lee, C.W., 2008, “Estimation Strategy for a Series of Grinding Cycles in Batch Production,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 556 - 561.