Jinhua Guo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
- Ph.D., University of Georgia
- M.Eng., Dalian University of Technology
- B.Eng., Dalian University of Technology
Teaching and Research
- J. Liu and J. Guo, “Energy Efficient Scheduling of Real-Time Tasks on Multi-core Processors with Voltage Islands,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier, Vol. 56, pp. 202-210, 2016.
- V. Singh and J. Guo, “Improving Service Levels Using Internet of Things Infrastructure in Data Centers,” Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP 2016), St. Louis, Missouri, May 2016.
- J. Liu and J. Guo, “Traffic Aware Virtual Machine Packing in Cloud Data Centers,” Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on High Performance and Smart Computing (IEEE HPSC 2016), New York, 2016.
- J. Liu and J. Guo, “Voltage Island Aware Energy Efficient Scheduling of Real-Time Tasks on Multi-core Processors,” Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems (ICESS 2014), pp. 645-652, 2014.
- K. Liu, J. Guo, N. Lu, F. Liu, X. Wang, P. Wang, “RAMC: A RSU-Assisted Multi-Channel Coordination MAC Protocol for VANET,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 94-B (1), pp. 203-214, 2011.
- J. Guo, L. Yang, “CAR: Context-Aware Routing for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks,” IJEI: International Journal of Engineering and Industries, Vol. 1 (1), pp. 10-29, December 2010.
- Z.J. Shi and J. Guo, “Global Convergence of Conjugate Gradient Method,” Optimization, Taylor and Francis, Volume 58, Issue 2 (2009), pp. 163-179.
- Z.J. Shi and J. Guo, “A New Family of Conjugate Gradient Methods,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Elsevier. Volume 224, Number 1 (February 2009), pp. 444-457.
- Z.J. Shi and J. Guo, “A new algorithm of nonlinear Conjugate gradient method with strong convergence,” Computational and Applied Mathematics. vol. 27, no. 1, 2008, pp. 93-106.
- Z.J. Shi and J. Guo, “Some Extensions of Trust Region Method,” Pacific Journal of Optimization. Volume 3, Number 3 (September 2007), pp. 539-554.
- J. Guo, “Consistency Verification in Transaction-based Optimistic Steering of Distributed Computations,” International Journal of Parallel, Emergent, and Distributed Systems, Taylor and Francis, Volume 21, Number 6 (2006), pp. 385-404.
- J. Guo and J.P. Baugh, “Security and Privacy in Vehicle Safety Communication Applications,” SAE 2006 Transactions Journal of Passenger Cars: Electronic and Electrical Systems, Volume 115, Number 7 (2006), pp. 721-727.
- J. Guo, W. Xiang, S. Wang, “Reinforce Networking Theory with OPNET Simulation,” Journal of Information Technology Education, Volume 6 (2007), pp. 215-226.
- J. Guo and T. Taha, “Parallel Implementation of the Split-step Fourier Method and the Pseudospectral Method For Solving Higher KdV Equation,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Elsevier, Volume 62, Number 1 (2003), pp. 41-51.
- E. Kraemer, J. Wang, J. Guo, S. Hopkins, and J. Arnold, “An Analysis of Gene-Finding Programs for Neurospora Crassa,” Bioinformatics, Volume 7, Number 10 (2001), pp. 901-912.
Awards and Recognition
- NSF Grant: co-PI, “EDU: Collaborative: Enhancing Pervasive and Mobile Computing Security Education with Research Integration,” US National Science Foundation, 2014–2016 (PI: D. Ma).
- Amazon: PI, “Amazon AWS in Education Coursework Grant award,” 2012-2015, in AWS credits.
- NSF Grant: PI, “Acquisition of Instruments for Mobile Computing Research in the Context of Automotive Applications,” US National Science Foundation, 2005–2010 (co-PIs: H. Abdu, K. Akingbehin, N. Patel, W. Xiang, and Q. Zhu; Senior Person: P. Richardson).
- Chrysler Research Grant: PI, “Developing a Delay Tolerant Networking Convergence Layer for Vehicular Internet,” Chrysler LLC/Brightstar Corp, 2008 – 2009.
- IAVS Grant: PI, “Optimizing Traffic Flow Management, Topology Control, and Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Data Centers,” 2014 (co-PI: D. Ma)
- OVPR: PI, “Increasing Broadcast Reliability in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks,” 2006 – 2007.
- Rackham: PI, “Development of Routing Protocols for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks,” 2004 – 2005.
- CEEP: PI, “Secure and Privacy-Preserving Inter-Vehicle Communication Framework,” 2006 – 2008.