Melissa Bowlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biology
College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters
235 Science Faculty Center | 4901 Evergreen Road | Dearborn, MI 48128
Teaching Areas:Biological Sciences, Master of Science in Environmental Science
Biography and Education
- Ph.D., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, 2007
- B.S., Cornell University, 2002
- Bowlin, M.S., Enstrom, D.A., Murphy, B.J., Plaza, E., Jurich, P., and J. Cochran. 2015. Unexplained altitude changes in a migrating thrush: Long flight altitude data from radiotelemetry. The Auk: Ornithological Advances 132:808-816.
- Bowlin, M.S., McLeer, D.F., and A.M. Danielson-Francois. 2014. Spiders in motion: Demonstrating adaptation, structure-function relationships, and trade-offs in invertebrates. Advances in Physiology Education 38:71-79.
- Muijres, F.T., Bowlin, M.S., Johansson, L.C., and A. Hedenström. 2012. Vortex wake, downwash distribution, aerodynamic performance and wingbeat kinematics in slow-flying pied flycatchers. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 67:292-303.
Awards and Recognition
- American Ornithology Society Council Member, 2016
- American Ornithologists’ Union Elective Member, 2012
- Elected to the American Physiological Society, 2012
- Marie Curie Incoming International Fellowship, 2008
- Science Buddies Outstanding Expert Award, 2007