College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters
Center for Arab American Studies
Biography and Education
Mohamad Jaafar graduated with a degree in Communication and Political Science in 2019 from the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. His experience is centered around digital storytelling and digital experience for institutions of higher education.
Throughout his time as a student worker and now as an early career professional, stories that Mohamad works on include the humanities, non-classroom learning experiences, campus resources, philanthropy, Muslim visibility in Southeast Michigan, interfaith, and more. He develops digital learning materials, including podcasts and resource guides, for units across the UM community. Mohamad also works in communications for a local non-profit.
Awards and Recognition
- UM-Dearborn 2019 Difference Maker
- 2020 Honors Scholar for Communication Program
- 2019 Midwest Keeper of the Flame Activism Award (Amnesty International at UM-Dearborn)
- Outstanding Student Organization 2019 – Amnesty International at UM-Dearborn
- Summer 2018 Intern of the Year UM-Dearborn Humanities/History Internship Program