Oleg Zikanov, Ph.D.
Biography and Education
Areas of Research Interests
Computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer
Liquid metal technologies in energy applications
Hydrodynamic instabilities and transition to turbulence
Ph.D., Fluid Dynamics and Plasma Physics, Moscow State University and Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS
M.S., Mechanics, Moscow State University
(Ten most cited publications)
- Zikanov, O. "Essential Computational Fluid Dynamics," Wiley Higher Education, March 2010.
- Zikanov, O., Thess, A. "Direct numerical simulation of forced MHD turbulence at low magnetic Reynolds number," J. Fluid Mech., 358, 299-333, 1998.
- Krasnov, D., Zienicke, E., Zikanov, O., Thess, A., Boeck, T. "Numerical study of instability and transition to turbulence in the Hartmann flow," J. Fluid Mech., 504, 183-211, 2004.
- Thess, A., Votyakov, E., Knaepen, B., Zikanov, O. "The theory of the Lorentz force flowmeter," New J. Phys., 9(8) 299, 2007.
- Zikanov, O. "On the instability of pipe Poiseuille flow," Phys. Fluids, 8, 2923-2932, 1996.
- Vorobev, A., Zikanov, O., Davidson, P., Knaepen, B. "Anisotropy of MHD turbulence of low magnetic Reynolds number," Phys. Fluids, 17, N12, 125105, 2005.
- Zikanov, O., Slinn, D. N., Dhanak, M., "Large-eddy simulations of the wind-induced turbulent Ekman layer," J. Fluid Mech., 495, 343-368, 2003.
- Zikanov, O., Thess, A., Davidson, P., Ziegler, D. "A new approach to numerical simulation of melt flows and interface instability in Hall-Heroult cells," Met. Mat. Trans. B, 31(6) 1541-1550, 2000.
- Krasnov, D., Zikanov, O., Boeck, T., "Numerical study of magnetohydrodynamic duct flow at high Reynolds and Hartmann numbers," J. Fluid Mech. 704, 421-446, 2012.
- Thess, A., Zikanov, O. "Transition from Two-Dimensional to Three-Dimensional MHD Turbulence," J. Fluid Mech. 579, 383-412, 2007.