Taehyung Kim, Ph.D
Biography and Education
Post-Doc., Electrical & Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
Ph.D., Electrical & Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea University
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea University
- T. Kim, S. Kwak, and J. Park, “Hybrid System Control for Robot Motors Based on a Reduced Component, Multi-Voltage Power Supply System,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems II, 2021.
- A. K. Mishra and T. Kim, "Analysis of a Hybrid Unmanned Aerial Vehicle With a BLDC Propulsion Motor Based on HIL Simulation," IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, 2021 – Received the best paper award from the conference.
- A. K. Singh, A. K. Mishra, K. K. Gupta, P. Bhatnagar and T. Kim, “An Integrated Converter with Reduced Components for Electric Vehicles Utilizing Solar and Grid Power Sources,” IEEE Trans. on Transportation Electrification, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 439-452, June 2020.
- T. Kim, M. Wang and W. Su, "Time-Sharing Duty Cycle-Based Concurrent Control for a Triple-Output Converter With Energy Storage," IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 182433-182443, 2019.
- T. Kim, S. Kwak, and H.-W. Lee, "Quad-bus motor drive system for electrified vehicles based on a dual-output–single inductor structure," IET Electric Power Applications, 2019.
- T. Kim and S. Kwak, "A Flexible Voltage Bus Converter for the 48/12 Volt Dual Supply System in Electrified Vehicles," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, issue 3, March 2017.
- T. Kim, K. Lee, S. Kwak, "Dual Motor Drive for HVAC Applications Based on a Multi-Functional Bi-Directional Energy Conversion System," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 30, pp. 1556-1564, 2015.
- T. Park and T. Kim “Novel Energy Conversion System Based on a Multi-Mode Single Leg Power Converter,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 28 no. 1, pp. 213-220, 2013.
- W. Na, T. Park, T. Kim, and S. Kwak, “Light Fuel-Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicles Based on Predictive Controllers”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 89-97, 2011
- T. Kim, O. Vodyakho, and J. Yang, “Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Scooter: Development of Zero Emission Vehicles,” IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, pp. 25-31, March/April, 2011. Received IEEE- IAS Society's Annual Best Paper Award (2nd Place) - Society Level Annual Prize Paper Award.
Awards and Recognition
- IEEE - IAS (Industry Applications Society) Prize Paper Award (Annual Best Paper Award, 2nd place), 2012.
- Best Paper Award, 2021 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference & Expo (IEEE – ITEC 2021).
- Listed in the “World Top 2% Scientists” (career-long, released by Stanford University in 2020).
- Listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in America.
- Technical Program Co-Chair, 2009 IEEE-Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference.