New Online Registration Procedure
Below are important updates about changes from previously paper-based processes.
Registration for Courses that Require Permission
(i.e. independent study, directed study, masters projects, masters thesis):
- Once an agreement has been worked out with the instructor, it is the student's responsibility to initiate the process. [CECS and COB students should work directly with the UG/GR advising office or grad program coordinator.]
- The student should start with the appropriate form:
NOTE: Forms must be downloaded and saved before completing.
- The student should complete the student section of the form and forward it to the faculty collaborator. [CECS and COB students should work directly with the UG/GR advising office or grad program coordinator.]
- The faculty member should digitally sign the form (type name in the signature field) and forward it for any necessary signatures or approvals per college policy. [For CECS and COB, the UG/GR advising office or grad program coordinator will coordinate signatures.]
- Once the form has the requisite signatures, it should be sent to either the advisor or grad program coordinator. [CEHHS students should send to firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- In accordance with their current procedures, the advisor or grad program coordinator will enter the approved individualized course on a Google sheet provided by the Office of the Registrar.
- NOTE: the Office of the Registrar does NOT need the form. We simply need an entry on the Google sheet.
- The Office of the Registrar staff will create a class section and assign a CRN for each individualized course.
- The advising office or grad program coordinator will enter an electronic override on behalf of the student.
- The advising office or grad program coordinator will contact the student and provide the CRN.
- The student will be able to register for the individualized course in Banner, using the CRN and electronic override.
For assistance at the college level, please contact:
UG CASL - Marlene Dupree
GR CASL - Marlene Dupree
UG COB - UG advising office - Susan Wells
GR COB - GR advising office - Mary Howard
UG CECS - Lisa Remsing Hall, Lisa Miller
GR CECS - Rebekah Awood, Sherry Boyd, Debi Butler, Amanda Donovan, Elizabeth Edenstrom, Michael Hicks, Kimberly LaPere, Joey Woods
UG CEHHS - advising office - email@example.com
GR CEHHS - advising office - firstname.lastname@example.org
If the instructor’s permission is required and granted, the permission can be granted via email to UMDRegistration@umich.edu from the instructor’s @umich email address.