All contractors on the University of Michigan-Dearborn campus must have appropriate identification with them at all times. The Contractor Badging Policy outlines the badging and identification requirements for construction projects at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
All contractors on the University of Michigan—Dearborn campus must have appropriate identification with them at all times. This policy outlines the badging and identification requirements for construction projects at UM-Dearborn.
- Photo ID badges may be obtained from the University Center (UC) for $2.50 each.
- All contractors and vendors on site must carry a current photo ID issued by the State of Michigan or other U.S. government agency. (e.g.: driver’s license or passport).
- UM-Dearborn photo ID cards expire after one year and are required for card reader access on the campus.
- No badge is required when a vendor is accompanied by a UM-Dearborn employee.
Strategic Vendors and Maintenance Contractors:
- UM-Dearborn strategic vendors and contractors will sign in each day in the Facilities Operations office (CSS building) and receive a date stamped vendor badge.
- When work is complete and/or at the end of the shift, contractor/vendor will sign out and return the vendor badge.
- Contractors who visit the campus regularly may be issued a photo ID ($2.50 each) that will be kept in the Facilities Operations office when the contractor is not on site.
Projects with Multiple Contractors:
- Photo ID badges are to be obtained from UM-Dearborn for each General Contractor, Site Superintendent, and Sub-contractor Superintendent that will be on site for one month or more.
- The Construction Manager (UM or UM-Dearborn) issues ID badge form to each required contractor/vendor and maintains a log with name, company name, expected duration of work, and actual date of completion.
- Contractors/sub-contractors and vendors (with or without badges) are logged in by the Superintendent each day.
- At the end of the project, the UM Construction Project Manager will submit the list of badges issued to UM-Dearborn Public Safety so they can be deactivated.
Policy owned by: Facilities Operations