A staff member is entitled to initiate a grievance without fear of retaliation on matters directly associated with the staff member's employment relationship with the University or if he/she feels he/she has experienced discrimination based on race, sex (including
sexual harassment and sexual orientation), religion, national origin, age, marital status, handicap or Vietnam-era veteran status. If a staff member has a question, problem or complaint arising from working relationships, conditions, policies or procedures that cannot be resolved informally, the staff member may consult the Human Resources Office. Pre-grievance counseling is available.

Further information may be obtained from Standard Practice Guide Section 201.08 and collective bargaining agreements.

Primary References
Standard Practice Guide

Policy owned by: Human Resources

Last reviewed: 10/2019

Last updated: 11/2015

Next review: 4/2021