The Office of the Registrar is responsible for:
- academic records data entry, maintenance, accuracy, integrity, privacy, security, imaging, and FERPA compliance
- administration of academic policies as prescribed per the University curriculum committee
- coordinating, conducting, and evaluating student class registration – enrollment, drop/add, withdrawal, and waitlist maintenance
- publication of the schedule of classes, classroom scheduling, and final exam scheduling
- class grading
- academic transcript maintenance and distribution
- course catalog administration and maintenance
- programs of study data maintenance
- degree audit coding and maintenance
- honors, degree conferral, diploma production, and commencement ceremony assistance
- tuition and fees assessment and adjustment
- academic calendar creation
- certification of enrollment, degrees, and credentials
- upload of enrollment and degree data to the National Student Clearinghouse
- certification of NAIA and ACHA athletic eligibility
- assistance with Veteran’s Administration student educational benefits
- publication of undergraduate and graduate University catalogs
- assistance with student information system maintenance, upgrades, improvement, and testing
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Office of the Registrar is currently conducting our normal operations remotely. Even though our office remains closed for in-person visits, our staff members are available to assist you via email and telephone. Details for these options are listed below.
For the latest update, please visit UM-Dearborn COVID-19 Response
- Available 24/7
- Checked multiple times a day Monday-Friday – Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
- Additional time may be required for weekends, holidays, and days of school closure.
- Please use your umich email account and provide your full name, UMID, semester and course information, if applicable.
Telephone service is available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Students should familiarize themselves with the Registration deadline dates and the Academic Calendar.