Name and Address changes are only accepted in writing. 

Name Change

A request to change your name with the University of Michigan-Dearborn must be made in writing at the Office of Registration and Records.  Requests are accepted via mail, fax, or in person.  Please complete a Name Change Form and provide the legal document, i.e. driver's license, marriage certificate, social security card, etc. reflecting your new name.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff, or student), you must also contact the Human Resources Office regarding a name change.

If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new social security card with the nearest Social Security Administration Office. (Note: You will need to bring an original legal document reflecting your new name to support your request for a name change. Examples of accepted legal documents include a birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)

Social Security Online allows you to update your Social Security Card information.

Address Change

Address changes are only accepted by the Office of Registration & Records may be submitted in person, by mail or by fax to the Office of Registration & Records/Enrollment Services. Address Change forms are available at the Office of Registration & Records, 1169 University Center, during regularly scheduled office hours or through this website.

Using the online Address Change Form requires a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN is used as an electronic signature, allowing us to process the information that you are submitting. For your security you should keep your PIN confidential. You may change your PIN at any time using UM-Dearborn Connect. If you have forgotten your PIN and/or wish to reset it in person, you must bring verifiable photo ID to the Office of Registration & Records. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten it, please mail or fax the Printable Address Change Form.

Please forward completed Printable Address Change Forms to:

University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of Registration & Records 
1169 UC
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128-1491

Or Fax to:

University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of Registration & Records
(313) 593-5697