- Ph.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.A., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Mansoor, U.; Kessentini, M.; Maxim, B.; and Wimmer, M. “Detection of High-level Model Using Multi-Objective Search-Based Software Engineering”, Empirical Software Engineering Journal, (accepted 2016): 1-24.
- Mansoor, U.; Kessentini, M.; Maxim, B. R.; and Deb, K., “Multi-objective Code-smells Detection Using Good and Bad Design Examples”, Software Quality Journal, (February 2016): 1-24.
- Ammari, H.M.; Gomes, N.; Jacques, M.; Maxim, B.: and Yoon, D. “Survey of Sensor Network Applications and Architectural Components”, Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks International Journal, 25 1-2 (2015): 1-44.
- R.S. Pressman and B.R. Maxim, Software Engineering: a Practitionerâ€™s Approach, 8th ed., (2014).
- B.R. Maxim and M. Turton “Use of Teams in Game Design and Software Engineering Capstone Classes”, Global Perspectives on Engineering Management, (Vol. 2 No. 1, February 2013, pp.21-26).
- H. M. Ammari , N. Gomes , W. Grosky , M. Jacques, B. Maxim, and D. Yoon “A Review of Applications of Wireless Sensor Networks”, Wireless Sensor Networks: Current Status and Future Trends (S. Khan, A. K. Pathan , and N.A. Alrajeh, Editors), Auerbach Publications, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA, 2012.
- Maxim, B.R.; Turton, M.; and Nahle, W. “Work in Progress: Using Social Media to Teach Engineering Process”, Proceedings of 41st IEEE Annual Frontiers in Education Conference, Rapid City, SD, October 2011, pp. S3H1-S3H2.
- Maxim, B.R.; Sable, M.; and Cristiano, J. “Service Learning and Virtual Worlds”, Proceedings of 40th IEEE Annual Frontiers in Education Conference, Washington, DC, October 2010, pp. T2D1-T2D6.
- Maxim, B.R.; Sable, M.; Turton, M.; and Cristiano, J. “Service Learning and Computer Games”, Proceedings of Meaningful Play2010 Conference, East Lansing, MI, October 2010, pp. 1-20.
- Maxim, B.R. and Elenbogen, B. S. “Attracting K-12 Students to Study Computing,” Proceedings of 39th IEEE Annual Frontiers in Education Conference, San Antonio, Texas, October 2009, pp. M1H1-M1H5.
- Maxim, B.R. “Serious Games as Software Engineering Capstone Projects”, Proceedings of the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Association for Engineering Education, Chicago, IL, June 2008, pp.1-12.
- Maxim, B.R. and N. Martineau, “Learning via Gaming – an Immersive Environment for Teaching Kids,” Proceedings of Meaningful Play 2008 Conference, East Lansing, MI, October 2008, pp. 1-12.
- Varadarajan, A.; Patel, N.; and Maxim, B.; and Grosky, W. “Analysing the Efficacy of Using Digital Ink Devices in a Learning Environment,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Volume 40, Number 2 (November 2008). pp. 211-239. Maxim, B.R. and Ridgway, B. “Use of Interdisciplinary Teams in Game Development Courses”, Proceedings of 37th Annual Frontiers in Education Conference (vol.1, 2007), IEEE Press, Milwaukee, WI, October 2007, pp. T2H1-T2H5.
- Maxim, B. R. "Game Design is More Than Programming", Proceedings of the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Association for Engineering Education, Chicago, IL, June 2006.
- Shen, J., Maxim, B., Akingbehin, K. 2004. "Accurate Correction of Surface Noises of Polygonal Meshes," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 2005 64 (August 2005): 1678-1698.
- UMD Distinguished Digital Education Award 2020
- UM Distinguished Faculty Governance Award 2018
- Narasimhamurthi "Nattu" Natarajan Collegiate Professor of Engineering 2017
- Campus Distinguished Teaching Award 2015
- CECS Professor of the Year Designee 2013
- Campus Distinguished Community Service Award 2008
- Distinguished Faculty Award, Michigan Association of Governing Boards of Universities 1992
- State of Michigan Teaching Excellence Award 1991
- Campus Distinguished Teaching Award 1990
- Outstanding Young Man of America 1988
Narasimhamurthi "Nattu" Natarajan Collegiate Professor of Engineering, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 3 years 7 months