- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, New York University, 2020
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology, 2015
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, National University of Sciences & Technology, 2013
- M. J. Farooq and Q. Zhu, “QoE based revenue maximizing dynamic resource allocation and pricing for fog-enabled mission-critical IoT applications”, in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2020.
- M. J. Farooq and Q. Zhu, “Modeling, analysis, and mitigation of dynamic botnet formation in wireless IoT networks”, in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 2412-2426, Sept. 2019.
- M. J. Farooq and Q. Zhu, “A multi-layer feedback system approach to resilient connectivity of remotely deployed mobile internet of things,” in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 422-432, Jun. 2018.
- M. J. Farooq and Q. Zhu, “On the secure and reconfigurable multi-layer network design for critical information dissemination in the Internet of battlefield things (IoBT),” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 2618-2632, Apr. 2018.
- M. J. Farooq, H. Ghazzai, E. Yaacoub, A. Kadri and M.-S. Alouini, “Green Virtualization for Multiple Collaborative Cellular Operators,” in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 420-434, Sept. 2017.
- H. Ghazzai, M. J. Farooq, A. Alsharoa, E. Yaacoub, A. Kadri and M.-S. Alouini, “Green Networking in Cellular HetNets: A Unified Radio Resource Management Framework With Base Station ON/OFF Switching,” in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 5879-5893, Jul. 2017.
- M. J. Farooq, H. Ghazzai, A. Kadri, H. ElSawy and M.-S. Alouini, “A Hybrid Energy Sharing Framework for Green Cellular Networks,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 918-934, Feb. 2017.
- M. J. Farooq, H. ElSawy, and M.S. Alouini, “A stochastic geometry model for multi-hop highway vehicular communication,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 2276-2291, Mar. 2016.
- Dante Youla Award: Awarded by Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering for graduate research excellence. May. 2020
- NSF Travel Award: To attend Networking Technology and Systems Early-Career Investigators (NeTS-ECI) Workshop, Alexandria, VA. Jul. 2019
- ICERM Travel Award: To attend Workshop on Scientific Machine Learning organized by ICERM at Brown University, Providence, RI USA. Jan. 2019
- Athanasios Papoulis Award: Awarded by Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering (in memory of late Prof. Athanasios Papoulis) for excellence in undergraduate teaching. Jun. 2018
- Outstanding Reviewer: Awarded by Elsevier Computer Communications in recognition of the contributions made to the quality of the journal. Mar. 2018
- Ernst Weber Fellowship: Awarded by Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering to support PhD studies and research. Sept. 2016 - May. 2018
- President’s Gold Medal: Awarded by National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST) for best academic performance in the degree of Bachelor of Electrical Engineering. Jan. 2014
Biography and Education
Junaid Farooq is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. His research interests include modeling, analysis and optimization of wireless communication systems, cyber-physical systems, and the Internet of things. He received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (SEECS), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pakistan, the M.S. degree in electrical engineering from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, in 2013 and 2015, respectively. Then, he was a Research Assistant with the Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC), Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP), Doha, Qatar. He received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Tandon School of Engineering, New York University, Brooklyn, NY in 2020.
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 1 year 2 months