- Yifu Liu, Paul Watta, Bochen Jia and Yi Lu Murphey, “Vehicle Position and Context Detection using V2V Communication with Application to Pre-crash Detection and Warning,” Proceedings of IEEE 2016 Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, Athens, Greece, December, 2016.
- Yue Dai, Yuan Ma, Qianyi Wang, Yi Lu Murphey, Shiqi Qiu, Johannes Kristinsson, Jason Meyer, Finn Tseng, Timothy Feldkamp, “Dynamic Prediction of Drivers’ Personal Routes through Machine Learning,” Proceedings of IEEE 2016 Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, Athens, Greece, December, 2016.
- Xian Wei, Yuanxiang Li, Yi Murphey, “Joint learning dictionary and discriminative features,” International Conference on Pattern Recognition, December, 2016, Cancum, Mexico
- Xipeng Wang , Yi Lu Murphey and Dev Kocchar, “MTS-DeepNet for Lane Change Predication,” World Congress on Computational Intelligence, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Vancouver, Canada, July 2016
- Hong Zhao, Dev Kocchar, Yi Lu Murphey, and Paul Watta, “Robust prediction of lane departure based on driver physiological signals,” SAE World Congress & Exhibition, April, 2016
- Jungme Park, Yi L. Murphey, Abul Masrur, “Intelligent Energy Management and Optimization in a Hybridized All-Terrain Vehicle with Simple On-Off Control of the Internal Combustion Engine,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Issue: 99, August, 2015
- Yinghao Huang, Yi Lu Murphey, and Yao Ge, “Intelligent Typo Correction for Text Mining Through Machine Learning,” International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Data Mining, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2015
- Yi Lu Murphey, Dev Kocchar, Xipeng Wang and Paul Watta, “Driver Lane Change Prediction Using Physiological Measures,” SAE International Journal of Transportation Safety. August, 2015
- Yinghao Huang, Yi Lu Murphey, Naeem Seliya, and Roy B. Friedenthal, “Machine Learning for Medical Examination Report Processing,” Annuals of Information Systems, Special Issue on Real World Data Mining Applications, Editors: Abou-Nasr, M., Lessmann, S., Stahlbock, R., Weiss, G.M. (Eds.) , Vol. 17, page 271-297, 2015
- Jiaqi Ma, Yi Lu Murphey and Hong Zhao, “Real Time Drowsiness Detection Based on Lateral Distance using Wavelet Transform and Neural Network,” Proceedings of IEEE 2015 Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, Cape Town, South Africa, December, 2015.
- Shiqi Qiu, Ryan McGee, and Yi Lu Murphey, “Adaptive Fuzzy Prediction for Automotive Applications Usage,” Proceedings of The 14th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, Miami, Florida, Dec. 9-11, 2015
- Wenduo Wang, Yi Murphey and Paul Watta, “A Computational Framework for Implementation of Neural Networks on Multi-Core Machines,” 2015 INNS Conference on Big Data.
- Xipeng Wang, Yuan Ma, Junru Di, Yi L Murphey and Shiqi Qiu, Johannes Kristinsson, Jason Meyer, Finn Tseng, and Timothy Feldkamp, “ Building efficient probability transition matrix using machine learning from big data for personalized route prediction,” 2015 INNS Conference on Big Data.
- Weiwei Zhang, Yi L.Murphey, Tianyu Wang, Qijie Xu, “Driver Yawning Detection based on Deep Convolutional Neural Learning and Robust Nose Tracking,” International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2015
- Yi Lu Murphey, Dev Kocchar, Xipeng Wang and Paul Watta, “Driver Lane Change Prediction Using Physiological Measures,” SAE World Congress & Exhibition, April, 2015, 15SS-0459
Biography and Education
Dr. Yi Lu Murphey is an Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Research, a Professor of the ECE (Electrical and Computer Engineering) department and the director of the Intelligent Systems Lab at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. She received a M.S. degree in computer science from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, in 1983, and a Ph.D degree with a major in Computer Engineering and a minor in Control Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 1989. Her current research interests are in the areas of machine learning, pattern recognition, computer vision and intelligent systems with applications to engineering diagnostics and prognostics, optimal vehicle power management, data analytics, and robotic vision systems. She has authored over 130 publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings. She is an editor for the Journal of Pattern Recognition. She has served on technical committees and session chairs for many conferences and organized special sessions for various conferences sponsored by the IEEE Society. Her research has been funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), US Army TARDEC, State of Michigan, Ford Motor Company, TRW and many others. A number of the technologies she and her students developed have been deployed in manufacturing or implemented in systems currently in operation. She is a fellow of IEEE.
Ph.D., Computer, Information, Control Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1989.
M.S., Computer Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 1983
Teaching and Research
- Member for
- 3 years 12 months