Biography and Education
• Risk and reliability
• Design under uncertainty
• Uncertainty quantification
• Additive manufacturing
• Probabilistic engineering mechanics
• Bayesian networks
• Damage prognosis and diagnosis
• Wind/Hydrokinetic turbine systems
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology
M.S., Mechatronics Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Central South University (CSU)
Teaching and Research
1. Hu, Z., Mahadevan, S., and Ao, D., “Uncertainty Aggregation and Reduction of Structural-Material Performance Prediction”, Computational Mechanics, 2017, 1-21.
2. Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Uncertainty Quantification and Management in Additive Manufacturing Needs and Opportunities”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2017, 1-20.
3. Nath, P., Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Sensor Placement for Calibration of Spatially Varying Model Parameters”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2017, in press.
4. Ao, D., Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Design of Validation Experiments for Life Prediction Models”, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 2017, 165, 22-33.
5. Hu, Z., Ao, D., and Mahadevan, S., “Calibration Experimental Design Considering Field Response and Model Uncertainty”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and
Engineering, 2017, v318, pp. 92-119.
6. Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Time-Dependent Reliability Analysis Using a Vine-ARMA Load Model”, ASCE-ASME Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, 2016, doi:10.1115/1.4034805.
7. Devathi, H.*, Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Snap-Through Buckling Reliability Analysis under Spatiotemporal Variability and Epistemic Uncertainty”, AIAA Journal, 2016, DOI:10.2514/1.J054920.
8. Hu, Z., and Mahadevan, S., “Global Sensitivity Analysis-Enhanced Surrogate (GSAS) Modeling for Reliability Analysis”, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2015, DOI:10.1007/s00158-015-1347-4.
9. Hu, Z., and Du, X., “ Reliability-based design optimization under stationary stochastic process loads”, Engineering Optimization, 2015, in press.
10. Hu, Z., Du, X., Conrad, D., Twohy, R., and Walmsley, M., “Fatigue Reliability Analysis Method for Structures with known loading trend”, Structural and Multidisciplinary
Optimization, 2014, in press, DOI 10.1007/s00158-013-1044-0.
11. Hu, Z. and Du, X., “Time-Dependent Reliability Analysis with Joint Upcrossing Rates,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2013, in press, DOI: 10.1007/s00158-013-0937-2.
Awards and Recognition
“Papers of Distinction”, ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences – 42th Design Automation Conference 2016
Best Paper Award, the 7th ISC Graduate Research Symposium, Missouri S&T 2013
Finalist for the best paper award, ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences – 38th Design Automation Conference 2012
Excellent paper award, School of Mechanical Science and Engineering, HUST 2009
Excellent graduate, CSU 2008
National scholarship of Chinese Ministry of Education, PRC 2007
Chen Xinming scholarship 2006
“Excellent student of CSU” every academic year 2004-2008
Freshman scholarship of CSU 2004
- Member for
- 3 years 8 months