Feng Zhou, Ph.D
Biography and Education
·Engineering design and product development: Design theory & methodology, decision-based design, viral product design for social network effects, and design optimization
·Human-computer interaction: Physiological computing, social network analysis, virtual reality and augmented reality
·Human factors for product design: Affective-cognitive design of product ecosystems, emotional design, affective-cognitive modeling
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
Ph.D. in Human Factors Engineering, Nanyang Technological University
M.S., Computer Engineering, Zhejiang University
B.S., Computer Engineering, Ningbo University
- Zhou, F., Jiao, J. R., Yang, X. J., Lei, B., 2017. Augmenting feature model through customer preference mining by hybrid sentiment analysis, Expert Systems with Applications, 89, 306-317.
- Zhou, F., Lei, B., Liu, Y., Jiao, J.R., 2017. Affective parameter shaping in user experience prospect evaluation based on hierarchical Bayesian estimation, Expert Systems with Applications, 78, 1-15.
- Jiao, J. R., Zhou, F., Chu, C.H., 2016. Decision theoretic modeling of affective and cognitive needs for product experience engineering: key issues and a conceptual framework, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 1-13.
- Zhou, F., Jiao, J. R., Lei, B., 2016. Bilevel game-theoretic optimization for product adoption maximization incorporating social network effects, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems 46 (8), 1047 - 1060
- Zhou, F., Jiao, R. J., & Lei, B., 2015. A Linear threshold-hurdle model for product adoption prediction incorporating social network effects, Information Sciences, 307(20), 95-109.
- Zhou, F., Jiao, R.J., Lindsey, J., 2015. Latent customer needs elicitation by use case analogical reasoning from sentiment analysis of online product reviews, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 137(7), 071401.
- Zhou, F., Ji, Y. & Jiao, R.J., 2014. Prospect theoretic modeling of customer affective-cognitive decisions under uncertainty for user experience design, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 44(4), 468-483.
- Zhou, F., Ji, Y. & Jiao, R.J., 2014. Augmented affective-cognition for usability study of in-vehicle system user interface, ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 14(2), 021001.
- Zhou, F., Qu, X., Jiao, R.J. & Helander, M.G., 2014. Emotion prediction from physiological signals: A comparison study between visual and auditory elicitors. Interacting with Computers, 26(3), 285-302.
- Zhou, F., Ji, Y. & Jiao, R.J., 2012. Affective and cognitive design for mass personalization: Status and prospect. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 24(5), 1047-1069.
- Zhou, F., Jiao, R.J., Xu, Q. & Takahashi, K., 2012. User experience modeling and simulation for product ecosystem design based on fuzzy reasoning petri nets. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, 42 (1), 201-212.
- Lei, B., Soon, I. Y., Zhou, F., Li, Z., Lei, H. 2012. A robust audio watermarking scheme based on lifting wavelet transform and singular value decomposition. Signal Processing, 92 (9), 1985-2001.
- Zhou, F., Qu, X., Helander, M.G. & Jiao, R.J., 2011. Affect prediction from physiological measures via visual stimuli. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 69 (12), 801-819.
- Xu, Q., Zhou, F. & Jiao, R.J., 2011. Affective-cognitive modeling for user experience with modular colored fuzzy Petri nets. ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 11 (1), 011004-10.
- F Xu, J., Fang, Z., Zhou, F. 2011. Sonification-based electronic aid system for the visually impaired, Journal of Convergence Information Technology, 6 (5), 209-217
- Zhou, F., Jiao, R.J., Chen, S. & Zhang, D., 2011. A case-driven ambient intelligence system for elderly in-home assistance applications. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, 41 (2), 179-189.
- Zhou, F., Xu, Q. & Jiao, R.J., 2011. Fundamentals of product ecosystem design for user experience. Research in Engineering Design, 22 (1), 43-61.
- Zhou, F., Jiao, R.J., Schaefer, D. & Chen, S., 2010. Hybrid association mining and refinement for affective mapping in emotional design. ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 10 (3), 031010-9.