Institutes and Centers
Centers and institutes at UM-Dearborn focus on raising awareness and creating connections through hands-on learning, scholarly research and community education.
Through outreach, special lectures and seminars, creative projects and performances, and funded research opportunities, we build collaborative relationships between our campus and surrounding communities.
Our centers and institutes reflect the cultural diversity and array of interests represented on our campus. The work we do helps prepare students for innovative careers, while strengthening ties to our community.
Students and faculty can volunteer to restore habitats and preserve natural areas, listen to Holocaust survivors tell their stories firsthand or share their ideas with local innovators in the auto industry, among many other opportunities.
- Armenian Research Center
- Center for Arab American Studies
- Center for Labor and Community Studies
- Center for Mathematics Education
- Center for the Study of Religion and Society
- Cybersecurity Center for Education, Research, and Outreach
- Dearborn Artificial Intelligence Research (DAIR) Center
- Early Childhood Education Center
- Environmental Interpretive Center
- Henry W. Patton Center for Engineering Education and Practice
- Inquiry Institute
- Mathematics Learning Center
- Michigan Iranian American Oral History Project
- Science Learning Center
- Voice/Vision Holocaust Survivor Oral History Archive
- Women’s Resource Center
- Writing Center