Accepting and Receiving Aid
Notification of Financial Aid Offer
Students will receive an email notice once their Financial Aid Offer is ready to be viewed. OFAS will begin releasing the Financial Aid Offer notice to applicants with completed and finalized applications, and who are officially accepted for admission according to student classification.
Our office will begin notifying students of their financial aid offer during the following times according to student classification:
- First-year students: March-April
- Returning students: July
- Transfer students: March-April for Fall entrants
- Graduate students: July
Your financial aid offer is available to you in the Financial Aid & Scholarship Self Service Portal.
- Scholarships and Grants are accepted on your behalf since they do not require repayment.
- Incoming students will need to review and accept the terms and conditions of their scholarships prior to receiving their disbursement.
- If you have been offered federal student loans, you can accept, reduce, decline, or leave at the offered status on a term-by-term basis. Unless you accept at least part of your loan, no funds will be applied to your student account. In addition, you must be enrolled at least half time (6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates) at the time of loan disbursement.
- You will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov. Please set aside at least 30 minutes to complete these tasks.
- Federal work study offers are funds that are earned. You must accept this award. Visit Career Services for more tips on finding employment.