Conditions of Award
By accepting your financial aid you agree to meet all of the conditions of award below
- The information submitted on your aid application is correct and complete.
- You will notify UM-Dearborn's Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships if you receive assistance not originally on your aid offer notification (e.g., outside scholarship). An adjustment of other aid may be necessary even if funds have already been disbursed.
- You will use the financial aid offered to you only for payment of tuition, books, transportation, and other related educationally related expenses.
- You agree that financial aid offered to you may be used as a credit toward payment of all tuition, fee, and other charges that may be due on your student account.
- You will maintain satisfactory academic progress toward your degree according to the policy of the UM-Dearborn Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- You will maintain the minimum credit hour requirements for your financial aid offer. If you drop below the required number of credit hours upon which your offer was based or withdraw completely from your courses, you may be expected to repay all or part of your offer.
- You will notify the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships if you do not plan to enroll in a semester for which you have been offered aid.
- You are not in default on educational loans and do not owe a refund for any federal funds received at UM-Dearborn or any other institution. You have not borrowed in excess of loan limits under Title IV Programs at UM-Dearborn or any other institution.
- You will respond promptly to any requests for additional information. Failure to do so may result in your being billed for a portion or all of the aid disbursed to you or could delay additional disbursements.
- You will immediately notify the Office of the Registrar if you withdraw from the university. You may be billed for part or all of your financial aid. The bill depends on the date of your withdrawal and the percentage of the term you attended.
- You agree to repay UM-Dearborn any financial aid funds disbursed to you in error. If a mistake was made, whether by you, UM-Dearborn, or another agency, federal regulations require that the mistake be corrected and funds be recovered as necessary.
- If any discrepancies, such as incorrect grade level, residency, or award amount, are noted by the student, it is their responsibility to notify the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships in writing. Corrections may result in a change of aid offered.
- Audited or additive classes (not remedial), or some repeated classes are not eligible for financial aid and will not be used to establish enrollment status for financial aid.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships reserves the right to make adjustments to financial aid offered in response to funding levels (university, state, or federal), university policy, Executive Order, or Act of Congress.