Conditions of Award
By accepting your financial aid you agree to meet all of the conditions of award below
1. The information submitted on your aid application is correct and complete.
2. You will notify UM-Dearborn's Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships if you receive assistance not originally on your award notification (e.g., outside scholarship). An adjustment of other aid may be necessary even if funds have already been disbursed.
3. You will use the financial aid awarded to you only for payment of tuition, books, transportation, and other related educational expenses.
4. You agree that financial aid awarded to you may be used as a credit toward payment of all tuition, fee, and other charges that may be due on your student account.
5. You will maintain satisfactory academic progress toward your degree according to the policy of the UM-Dearborn Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
6. You will maintain the minimum credit hour requirements for your financial aid award. If you drop below the required number of credit hours upon which your award was based or withdraw completely from your courses, you may be expected to repay all or part of your award.
7. You will notify the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships if you do not plan to enroll in a semester for which you have been awarded aid.
8. You are not in default on educational loans and do not owe a refund for any federal funds received at UM-Dearborn or any other institution. You have not borrowed in excess of loan limits under Title IV Programs at UM-Dearborn or any other institution.
9. You must meet all the requirements regarding registering for selective service, citizenship status, and drug conviction status.
10. You will respond promptly to any requests for additional information. Failure to do so may result in your being billed for a portion or all of the aid disbursed to you or could delay additional disbursements.
11. You will immediately notify the Enrollment Services Office if you withdraw from the university. You may be billed for part or all of your financial aid. The bill depend on the date of your withdrawal and the percentage and amount the institutional refund to be received.
12. You agree to repay UM-Dearborn any financial aid funds disbursed to you in error. If a mistake was made, whether by you, UM-Dearborn, or another agency, federal regulations require that the mistake be corrected and funds be recovered as necessary.
13. If any discrepancies, such as incorrect grade level, residency or award amount, are noted by the student, it is his/her responsibility to notify the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships in writing (by mail or email). Corrections may result in a change of aid offered.
14. Audited or additive classes (not remedial), or some repeated classes are not eligible for financial aid and will not be used to establish enrollment status for financial aid.
15. The University of Michigan-Dearborn Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships reserves the right to make adjustments to awards in response to funding levels (university, state or federal), university policy, Executive Order or Act of Congress.
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map