Focus on the Finish
As part of the Futures for Frontliners or Michigan Reconnect program, you’ve already started on the path to achieving your educational goals. Now, let UM-Dearborn help you focus on the finish!
In support of the state of Michigan’s Sixty by 30 initiative, our new scholarship program will help you earn your bachelor's degree at an affordable rate and jump-start your career with the esteemed Michigan degree.
And best of all, Focus on the Finish offers you flexibility. Whether full-time or part-time, or even if you have to pause, our scholarship program is designed to meet your needs. Plus, we’ll work with you from the start to optimize your educational plan, and provide career development support along the way.
We meet you where you are to get you where you want to go.
- Commitment to funding (from all sources) that equates to:
- Guaranteeing 60% of tuition funded by scholarships and grants for all Pell-eligible students and for non-Pell-eligible students with a 3.5 transfer GPA or higher
- Guaranteeing 30% of tuition funded by scholarships and grants for non-Pell-eligible students with a 3.49 transfer GPA or below
- Award opportunity for up to six semesters across three years
- Focused academic and financial aid advising + career development support
Eligibility from Fall 2021
If you meet the qualifying criteria, you will be guaranteed 60% of your tuition funded by scholarships and grants if you are Pell-eligible; this includes all sources of available funding, including federal funds.
If you meet the qualifying criteria and are not Pell-eligible, you will be guaranteed 60% of your tuition funded by scholarships and grants if your transfer GPA is 3.5 or higher.
If your transfer GPA is 3.49 or below, you will be guaranteed 30% of your tuition funded by scholarships and grants.
These awards will be available to full-time and part-time students.
The award commitment will be for up to six semesters across three years. That means if you need to pause for a term, you won’t be disqualified. As long as you meet the criteria, you will be able to receive the award each semester you study, for up to six semesters within a total of three years.
To qualify for the Focus on the Finish scholarship, applicants must have:
- Completion of an associates degree, prior to enrollment
- Ability to meet standard requirements for admission
- Proof of participation in Futures for Frontliners or Michigan Reconnect programs
- Michigan residency as defined by University of Michigan
- FAFSA submission
- No student loans in default*
- Ability to obtain final transcripts from all previously-attended colleges/universities*
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is required to maintain scholarship status.
Pell eligibility is not required, but submission of the FAFSA is required.
*If students need help with resolving defaulted loans or obtaining final transcripts, advisors can support during the application process.
Participation is limited to this university scholarship only.
Focus on the Finish at UM-Dearborn - and let us focus on you!
For more information, contact our Office of Undergraduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org.