UCDC Assessment Subcommittee
Under the authority of the Faculty Senate, this committee assists in the coordination of university-level assessment and oversees divisional or unit-level assessment, utilizing a distributed model for assessment with local responsibility. This committee maintains and implements the University Assessment Plan by monitoring and supporting assessment activities in individual units. It also coordinates assessment activities associated with university-level and program-level accreditation.
The committee membership is structured in staggered phases (alternating 1 and 2 year commitments) to ensure continuity in the process, and is designed to include all units. The voting members are comprised of a representative from CECS, CEHHS, COB, and two representatives from CASL.
Emily Luxon, College of Arts, Sciences and Letters
Dara Hill, Health and Human Services
Nesrin Cengiz-Phillips, College of Arts, Sciences and Letters
Claudia Kocher, College of Business
Katherine LaCommare, College of Arts, Sciences and Letters
Sang-Hwan Kim, College of Engineering and Computer Science
Jessica LaGrange, Director of Academic Success
- Create and maintain structure, policy and procedure for regular program assessment on campus.
- Create and monitor submission and review process for annual assessment reports.
- Offer input and recommendations regarding technical needs relating to assessment reporting and data management.
- Offer assistance and feedback in program review and long term strategic planning.
- Assist in the coordination of assessment and reporting of student learning for academic, co-curricular and student success resources on campus.
- Support assessment planning and development in General Education, the UCDC and Graduate Subcommittee.
- Committee annual reports will be presented annually to the Chancellor, Provost and Deans.
Assessment Subcommittee Approved Meeting Minutes
The committee meets 1-2 times during the regular semester. The meeting dates are listed below, and meeting minutes are available to view here.
- October 12, 2021
- December 1, 2021
- February 23, 2022
- October 21, 2020
- February 9, 2021
- June 2, 2021
- September 13, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- September 28, 2018
- February 21, 2019
- June 3, 2019
- September 19, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- May 31, 2018
- September 20, 2016
- October 18, 2016
- January 26, 2017
- June 1, 2017
- September 17, 2015
- October 26, 2015
- January 14, 2016
- February 11, 2016
- June 1, 2016
- October 6, 2014
- November 17, 2014
- February 9, 2015
- January 21, 2014
- February 14, 2014
- March 14, 2014
- May 7, 2014