Wage and Salary Administration
Interpret salary guidelines including recommending new hire, transfer and promotional rates for staff, monitor special compensation adjustments, conduct salary equity reviews to ensure equitable distribution of wages, participate in organizational development, and conduct position evaluations for classification assignment.
Primary Contact Person
Any HR staff will be able to assist you.
Most classification descriptions are available on the web at https://hr.umich.edu/working-u-m/management-administration/compensation-classification.
Those not posted on the web may be obtained from HR.
Standard Practice Guide Sections:
- 201.07 Salary Programs
- 201.34 New and Changed Positions
- 201.36 "On Call" Pay
- 201.38-0 Overtime (Regular Office, etc..)
- 201.38-1 Overtime (Prof/Admin and Primary Staff)
- 201.61-0 Transfer: Promotional, Lateral, Demotional
- 201.61-1 Temporary Promotion/Salary Adjustment