Shengquan Wang, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- M.S., Texas A&M University
- M.S., Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- B.S., Anhui Normal University
Teaching and Research
- S. Wang, J. Liu, X. Liu, and J. Chen, “PowerSleep: A Smart Power-Saving Scheme with Sleep for Servers under Response Time Constraint,” in IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems (JETCAS), Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 289-298, September 2011.
- M. Ahmed, N.W. Fisher, S. Wang, and P. Hettiarachchi, “Minimizing Peak Temperature in Embedded Real-Time Systems via Thermal-Aware Periodic Resources,” in Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems (SCIS), Vol. 1, No. 13, pp. 226-240, September 2011.
- N.W. Fisher, J. Chen, S. Wang, and L. Thiele, “Thermal-Aware Global Real-Time Scheduling and Analysis on Multicore Systems,” in Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA), Vol. 57, No, 5, pp. 547-560, May 2011.
- Z. Shi and S. Wang, “Modified Nonmonotone Armijo Line Search For Descent Method,” in Numerical Algorithms (NA), Vol. 57, No, 1, pp. 1-25, May 2011.
- Z. Shi and S. Wang, “Nonmonotone Adaptive Trust Region Method,” in European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR), Vol. 208, No. 1, pp. 28-36, January 2011.
S. Wang, Y. Ahn, and R. Bettati, “Schedulability Analysis in Hard Real-Time Systems under Thermal Constraints,” in Real-Time Systems Journal (RTSJ), Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 160-188, October 2010.
- S. Wang, Z. Mai, D. Xuan, and W. Zhao, "Design and Implementation of QoS-Provisioning System for Voice over IP," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 276-288, March 2006.
- S. Wang, D. Xuan, and W. Zhao, " Analyzing and Enhancing the Resilience of Structured Peer-to-Peer Systems," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Vol. 65, No. 2, pp. 207-219, February 2005.
- S. Wang, D. Xuan, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Providing Absolute Differentiated Services for Real-Time Applications in Static-Priority Scheduling Networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 326-339, April 2004.
- S. Wang and R. Bettati, "Reactive Speed Control in Temperature-Constrained Real-Time Systems," Best Paper Award, in Proc. Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), July 2006.
- N. Zhang, S. Wang, and W. Zhao, "On A New Scheme on Privacy Preserving Data Classification," in Proc. ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD), August 2005.
- S. Wang, S. Rho, Z. Mai, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Real-Time Component-based Systems," in Proc. IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), March 2005.
- S. Wang, R. Nathuji, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Providing Statistical Delay Guarantees in Wireless Networks," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), March 2004.
- D. Xuan, S. Chellappan, X. Wang, and S. Wang, "Analyzing the Secure Overlay Services Architecture under Intelligent DDoS Attacks," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), March 2004.
- S. Wang, D. Xuan, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Providing Absolute Differentiated Services for Real-Time Applications in Static-Priority Scheduling Networks," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), April 2001.
Awards and Recognition
- Faculty Research Fellowship, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), 2019
- NSF CAREER Award, NSF CNS 0746906, 2008 - 2013.
- Rackham Faculty Research Grant, University of Michigan, 2007.
- Best Paper Award, Euromicro Conf. on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), 2006.