Faculty and Staff Excellence
- Advance mission by developing action-oriented plans and projects that will allow UM-Dearborn to recruit, retain, develop, support and engage faculty and staff who are passionate and at the forefront of their fields and work in a collaborative manner
Flexibility in assessment of faculty performance and expectations
- Implementation of Boyer Model of Scholarship as a framework for faculty performance and expectations.
- Undertake a review of promotion and tenure procedures to include exploration of the Promotion and Tenure – Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PTIE) framework.
- Ensure community-based scholarship and teaching, as well as research on teaching pedagogies, are valued and rewarded.
Leads: Cam Amin, Raju Balakrishnan, Marty Hershock, Ghassan Kridli, Ann Lampkin-Williams, Natalie Sampson, Mitch Sollenberger
Improve support for faculty research
- Increase programming and support to develop a faculty research culture; continued ‘matchmaking’ between grant opportunities and faculty interests and expertise.
- Develop partnerships across campus with the Office of Research (Mardigian Library, Experience+; college-based units).
- Emphasize Urban Futures or other interdisciplinary themes.
- Empower faculty and student research teams to address global and regional complexities, including campus problems and issues (e.g., carbon neutrality).
Leads: Armen Zakarian, Maureen Linker
Staff professional development
- Investing in our dedicated staff through professional advancement and development.
Lead: Rima Berry-Hung