Student Experience and Success
- Leverage university resources to best support student success and access
- Create specific initiatives, action plans and projects to expand efforts to recruit and retain students
- Implement student support programs and academic initiatives that enhance student success
- Deliver measurable improvements to student retention and graduation rates
- Build the framework and funding to support students through graduation with no or minimal debt
- Promote and support interdisciplinary collaboration to further develop curriculum that is responsive to issues facing or communities and prepares our students for high-demand careers
- Emphasize the expansion of problem-based learning, and other high impact experiential practices, for all students and highlight UM-Dearborn as a ‘problem-solving’ campus
Financial Aid and Recruitment
- Re-designing and leveraging a new financial aid model built around affordability and accessibility.
- Encouraging students who dropped out of school with 30 credits or less to complete degrees.
- Increasing financial aid to students impacted by COVID difficulties.
- Designing affinity groups/tracks to enhance the student experience.
- Explore honors college as possible affinity group/experience.
Leads: Melissa Stone, Urana Pridemore, Kevin Lewtschanyn, Katherine Allen
- Develop a consistent university-wide First Year Experience.
- Improve student support systems (e.g., counselors, advisors/first year advising, peer-mentoring, supplemental instruction, tracking systems) to increase retention and graduation rates.
- Create a seamless and integrated student service network.
Leads: Amy Finley, Maureen Linker, Mitch Sollenberger, Marie Waung
Urban Futures, Community-Based Engagement
- Launch an Urban Futures Initiative to encourage both curriculum development and collaborative research around the future of human settlements as well as creating a broad-based CityWorks student internship program.
- Coordinate and expand community-based teaching and scholarship, and leverage our Carnegie Community Engagement status.
Leads: Josh Akers, Natalie Sampson, Armen Zakarian
Enhance and celebrate the commuter campus
- Create a vision that celebrates a new innovative commuter campus.
Lead: Amy Finley