Have a question about applying for Financial Aid at UM-Dearborn?
- Monday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.*
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.*
- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
* The last walk-in appointment of the day is 30 minutes before the posted closing time.
During Office Hours for the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Examples of the many things that our Administrative Staff can help you do:
- Documents and forms can be reviewed by our staff before submission
- Obtain forms and applications (e.g., verification forms and IRS request applications)
- Make inquiries about your financial aid award status
- Submit private scholarship checks and obtain a receipt (don't forget to bring any documentation or letters provided by the donor so that your scholarship can be applied in accordance with the terms and conditions of award
- Obtain instructions on how to complete the Federal Direct Student Loan requirements online at studentloans.gov (Remember that once completed your Loan Agreement is valid for 10 years and Loan Counseling is valid even longer)
- Our Administrative Staff are skilled professionals who provide excellent service and information.
- Remember, you can check your tuition balance online at UM-Dearborn Connect or with Student Accounts
Meeting with a Financial Aid Counselor
Appointments are no longer needed because students are seen on a walk-in basis. While you (and/or your family*) may experience some wait time before you can meet with a counselor, the walk-in protocol allows longer hours to access these skilled professionals.
* Please remember that student information is released only to the student (with certain exceptions) under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)--unless the student has authorized a person to obtain specified information. Federal law governs the release and access to student educational records. If you want your parent(s), spouse, or other designated individual(s), the student must complete the Authorization to Disclose Information Form with all required documents to allow access to your information.
- UM-Dearborn CONNECT provides access for many of the tasks throughout the university. For regular tasks, it is easier to use UM-Dearborn CONNECT to look online to see what documents you need to submit to complete your financial aid application.
- Available 24/7
- Transactions available online:
- View/print financial aid award offers
- Identify items needed to complete your file
- Accept, decline or reduce federal student loans or work study
- Accept scholarships that require online acceptance (many university scholarships require a thank you letter to the donor--don't forget to submit it to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. Your scholarship(s) will not be applied to your student tuition account until you have completed all requirements.
- Available 24/7
- Checked multiple times a day Monday-Friday
- Please allow additional time (48 hours minimum) for weekend, holidays, and days of school closure
- When emailing us, please use your umich email account and provide us with your name, UMID number, and the semester of your inquiry.
Telephone: 313-593-5300 • Fax: 313-593-5313