Have a question about applying for Financial Aid at UM-Dearborn?
Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) will be conducting our normal functions remotely; this includes virtual counseling appointments or the ability to schedule a phone appointment. Please remember that you can access your financial aid information by logging in to UM - Dearborn Connect and clicking on the financial aid section. You can also continue to send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email, please use your University email account(if available), include your full name and your UMID. We appreciate your understanding and patience through these challenging times.
Virtual Office Hours (Schedule Your Appointment)
- Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
* The last virtual appointment of the day is 20 minutes before the posted closing time.
During Virtual Office Hours for the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Examples of the many things that our Administrative Staff can help you do:
- Documents and forms can be reviewed by our staff before submission
- Email forms and applications (e.g., verification forms and IRS request applications)
- Make inquiries about your financial aid award status
- Obtain instructions on how to complete the Federal Direct Student Loan requirements online at studentaid.gov (Remember that once completed your Loan Agreement is valid for 10 years and Loan Counseling is valid even longer)
- Our Administrative Staff are skilled professionals who provide excellent service and information.
- Remember, you can check your tuition balance online at UM-Dearborn Connect or with Student Accounts
Meeting with a Financial Aid Counselor
* Please remember that student information is released only to the student (with certain exceptions) under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)--unless the student has authorized a person to obtain specified information. Federal law governs the release and access to student educational records. If you want your parent(s), spouse, or other designated individual(s), the student must complete the Authorization to Disclose Information Form with all required documents to allow access to your information.
- UM-Dearborn CONNECT provides access for many of the tasks throughout the university. For regular tasks, it is easier to use UM-Dearborn CONNECT to look online to see what documents you need to submit to complete your financial aid application.
- Available 24/7
- Transactions available online:
- View/print financial aid award offers
- Identify items needed to complete your file
- Accept, decline or reduce federal student loans or work study
- Accept scholarships that require online acceptance (many university scholarships require a thank you letter to the donor--don't forget to submit it to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. Your scholarship(s) will not be applied to your student tuition account until you have completed all requirements.
- Available 24/7
- Checked multiple times a day Monday-Friday
- Please allow additional time (48 hours minimum) for weekend, holidays, and days of school closure
- When emailing us, please use your umich email account and provide us with your name, UMID number, and the semester of your inquiry.